Mi dispiace, Italia!

Well, here's the beginning of a new adventure. Three generations are heading to Italy and I don't think Italy is ready for us.

Ever since COVID regs started easing up, the Mamá has been impatiently waiting for another trip (primoworks-luzloose.blogspot.com). And what better way to start our post-pandemic travels than heading to Europe! Mom chose Italy because she wanted to see some fountain she saw in some movie (possibly "Roman Holiday"). Amazing daughter that I am, I started looking for flights. 

Well, before I could book a flight for us three (my hubby, my Mom and I) she changed it up on us. My oldest niece is graduating high school and, since she has Italian ancestry, why not take her to Italy? This being one of my favorite kids, I was all for it. Except....

Except that my brother would be accompanying his daughter. And that's perfectly understandable and we were all for it....except for the count. When I plan trips, I stick to a max of 4 people. It's a matter of ease of booking rooms, flights, etc. Five travelers is a hassle. But SIX isn't because we can split rooms 3 and 3. And that's how Peekaloo was wrangled into this trip.

So here's the breakdown:

           Mom and Noelito (the dad)

           Peekaloo and Squidy (the niece)

           CajunRican and CajunReese 

If all goes well, we will head out in late April from Charlotte to Naples, visit Pompei, catch a train to Rome to find the fountain, and wrap up with a few days in Venice. 

That being said, our trip blogs traditionally begin when we book flights. So, some 15 weeks before we leave, we're anxiously awaiting Noelito's and Squidy's passport renewals, the Mom is already packed and I'm pondering the practicality of travel sans luggage.

This should be interesting. Italia, non é colpa mia. 🤷🏽‍♀️


Comments